So we have made a little progress with the Fiat. I was able to find a 5HP compressor with a 18 gallon tank that is capable of being used with a sandblaster.
First I tried Dan's sandblaster which was way too small. Then I borrowed Rick Wards Sandblaster which was 2.5HP and had a 10 gallon tank. It was better but still not good enough. So I went to Craig's list and found the 5HP Compressor for $250. that is a really good price. It works good. We have to pause every couple of minutes to let it catch up but that is far better than every 10-30 seconds. The first thing we sandblasted was the engine compartment.
As you can see from the pictures we have successfully pulled out the engine and the transmission. The transmission will be reused. We also cut out a division wall that was between the engine compartment and the gas tank. Oh yea, we took out the gas tank also. We also took out off the back of the car to make it easier to do the engine compartment.
To do the sandblasting we covered ourselves with plastic and had goggles and face mask on. The first bag of sand I bought was tooooo fine. The second bag was much coarser and works good. It is not a professional grade blasing set up but it works better than a wire wheel. So that is where we are at. Not sure how much we will get done in the cold weather. We may pick the car up and move it to the back patio and cover is after the snow melts and let it sit until the spring. I can always work on the motor to the transmission set up this winter. I have attached a few pictures for you to see.